1. Is every mask safe to use?
A: Absolutely, Safety and Standards are paramount for us. We rely on our 20+ years proven track record of engineering experience and strong collaboration with over 3 engineering firms (for example we are currently finalizing a project funded by NRC/IRAP from the Canadian government) to ensure the quality of each mask we produce.
2. How are you producing the masks and are they locally made?
A: Each and every mask produced locally at our Orangeville facility utilizes machines and procedures that go above and beyond Canadian health and safety standards. We use a cutting-edge meltblown production process which results in spunbonded mask fibers that ensure no viral particles above 1 micron can pass through it.
3. Where are you sourcing your materials and are they sterile?
A: All and every single material we use is purchased from the same reputable vendors with which we have a long history and we are regularly buying from. We obtain and test samples from every new vendor and material. The quality of the materials is locally inspected and they are handled properly and thoroughly disinfected for added safety.
4. Why did you a, former industrial air filter manufacturer, decide to enter the masks and personal protection industry?
A: As some competition from overseas has historically produced sub-par masks, and with the changing Canadian and US government sentiments to strongly preferring locally-sourced protection equipment, it made sense for us to retool and make the transition:
- Because of our tech and know-how – we are super competitive, with only 7-8% overhead labour cost our mask production costs afford us great margins
- Our traditional business Com-Pleat and Servair Filters have decades experience producing air filters. Retooling for mask and PPE production was an easy decision since all the infrastructure and manufacturing experience is already in place.